Netware 4.1 conversion to Windows 2003
Posted on 2004-10-24
I have downloaded the information from Microsofts web site and am now seeking and real world experiences or tips that may help me with this conversion. I am running Netware 4.1 on 7 servers spread over the WAN. I have one tree called, MH, and 7 sub-divisions, (MS, CH, MS, ME, CO, SE, JH). What I would like to do is migrate the domain in a fashion that will allow the Windows environment to control secuirty (logon/logoff, etc.) but the Novell servers must act as print servers and datastores until July when I can have them replaced by other servers. I am trying to answer questions such as:
1. When I run the migration utility what can I expect on the Novell server side?
2. Are there any known problems?
3. Will workstations be able to use either the Netware logon or the Windows logon after the conversion?
4. Do I need to run services for Netware on the Servers and clients?
5. DOes this add any additional overhead to the network I should be aware of?
6. Anything else anyone thinks would be important and helpful.....