This is a problem that has been annoying me for some time now...
These screenshot images are what the problem is..
I have tried to get the USB Hub to work as it is supposed to be a plug an play product with no drivers required - Win XP is ment to drive them.
Here is a list of some information:
1. This is the product: http://www.trust.com/products/default.htm?artnr=13070
This product has no drivers supplied- windows xp apparently has them.
2. I have XP SP1 installed as you can probably tell by the enhanced USB drivers installed.
3. I wont install SP2 coz I have experienced so many problems with it as well as a lot of my friends.
4. I have powered up the hub by a 2.3 - 3.0v DC power supply. Red power lights up.
5. Plugging it into any of my USB ports turns the green light on.
6 Both lights can be on simultaneously.
7. Although windows detects it as a Generic USB Hub and tries to install it , i am giving a dialog prompt installation wizard.
8. After many times of going round in circles it says there are problems with the device.
9 . I have uninstalled the hub in Safe Mode and rebooted back to normal mode. Still problems.
10. All my USB ports have been tested and are fully operational - i have USB mouse, USB digital camera.
11. The BIOS is the most recent for the motherboard. Asrock http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_k7s8x_r3.htm
12. i have tested the product on my 1 of my friends computer and it instantly installs perfectly (Win XP Pro SP1.)
If your require any further informaion then please reply!
Any help is very much appreciated!