URGENT - 0X0000007B when rebooting
Posted on 2004-10-25
Let me tell what happened to my brother
- PC owned since 2 years. This PC has a 80 GC Western Digital CAVIAR drive.
- He want to change this drive
- He bought a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 - 8 Mo cache - 200 Go - 7200 t/min - Interface ATA/133
- Yesterday we unpluged the old 80Gb, and put the new Maxtor instead, putting it on CABLE SELECT jumper.
- We used windows XP disk to install a new fresh install of the OS. We drove crazy,because we had error messages during install progress (various messages, differents each time). So.... we GAVE UP. He will give back the disk.
- So we plug back the OLD disk, so we are in the same conf than before and ouppppsss......
- When we start the computer, we see "PRIMARY MASTER DETECTED", with the good size. Then it remains blinking cursor for a moment, then we see windows FLAG, then freeze... and blue screen with a STOP message : 0X0000007B (0xF8B0C528 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)
WHAT'S HAPPENNING ??? How is it possible that plugging back the old disk, it don't work as before ???