I am using an excel file (Data.xls) to store smal number of data in it (don't want to use Access).
Preparation to test the code prior to submision:
- Please make two excel files (both blank, no data) and call them Data.xls and MyTestFile.xls
- Enter the name of the second file ("MyTestFile.xls") in any cell in Data.xls
1. To test read capability, read the name of the second excel, "MyTestFile.xls" from Data.xls, and store it in strFileName.
2. Open excel file strored in strFileName (in other words open MyTestFile.xls).
After strFileName opens, type something in it, say "ABC" in any cell in this file, MyTestFile.xls
3. Now, to test its write capability, copy the content of above cell ("ABC") from MyTestFile.xls to any cell in Data.xls
4. After testing above procedures, modify the code to make Data.xls not to show up (user doesn't see when Data.xls opens or closes).