I recently upgraded from a Windows 2000 to a Windows 2003 domain. I have a mix of Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients on my network that are running the timeserv utility. After upgrading the domain, this has stopped working. I get the following error messages in the log:
NetRemoteTOD failed for each PrimarySource
It has been over 24 hours since we got a network succeess.
I did replace dcs when I upgraded the domian. I specified the new primary source in the timeserv.ini file as \\'name of pdc' (used netbios name)
FYI - It is important that I have time set to the second so I can't rely on w32time or one time sycn when users logon by using net time.