Any help on my scenario would be greatly appreciated:
Office A has a server running Win2K Server with SP4 and terminal services. TS Licensing is handled by the server and is compliant. The server connects to a Linksys BEFVP41 router (running latest firmware) which connects to a Verizon DSL line. On the LAN are Win98 & WinXP Pro workstations that use the main database program which is hosted by the server.
Office B has two workstations that connect to a Linksys BEFSX41 router (running latest firmware) which connects to a DSL. A vpn tunnel exists between the two routers with "Keep Alive" selected. The workstations are both running WinXP Pro and us the latest version of Remote Desktop to connect to the terminal server in Office A. Barring ISP outages, connections are successful.
The Problem: At random, the connections are dropped resulting in an general error message (says to check your network connection). There seems to be no consistency in the drops - sometimes every few hours, sometimes several times in a half hour. The workstations can always reconnect immediately.
The Caveat: I get disconnected when I use RD to access the server from my office (neither A nor B). The disconnects are also at random.
Things that I've tried to resolve the issue:
- Based on another thread, I upgraded the server to SP4
- Upgraded the firmware on both routers
- Contacted Office A's ISP which verified steady connectivity
- Ran test from dslreports.com which tested out fine
- Upgraded all clients to latest version of Remote Desktop
- Verified TS idle settings (the connections are sometimes dropped in the middle of work)
- Verified compliance with all printer drivers
Other information which may be useful:
- The internet does not seem to go down. All the clients run AOL IM which never disconnects even though TS disconnects
- The client informed me that the problem was happening before the routers were installed, though not as frequently
- I have tried routing TS connections across the VPN and straight out through the net with no change
- The only thing I haven't tried yet is swapping the cable that connects the server.
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Even with Premium Services and "Unlimited" Points, I am unable to assign greater than 500 points for this question. ?!