Java debug/trace tool without source code

Posted on 2004-10-27
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-02-26
We bought some packages for enterprise Java Web application. These packages dosn't has source code. We met difficult in debug/trace of these package.

Is there some tool which can debug/trace Java program without source code? or the best tool to decompile class? We tried Dcafe, DJ, Jad, sourceagain. These decompilers doesn't support Jdk1.4/J2ee1.3.

Question by:lukeblu
LVL 19

Expert Comment

ID: 12424148
Go Google it. No expert would like to get into trouble by telling you about decompilers here.

Accepted Solution

Rick_Townsend earned 375 total points
ID: 12426352
Decompilers aren't always necessary.  If you're trying to track problems with those packages, a profiler will probably do what you need.

Try the Extensible Java Profiler:

or JProfiler

Featured Post

The new generation of project management tools

With monday.com’s project management tool, you can see what everyone on your team is working in a single glance. Its intuitive dashboards are customizable, so you can create systems that work for you.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

In this post we will learn how to make Android Gesture Tutorial and give different functionality whenever a user Touch or Scroll android screen.
Today, unlike web development, the mobile landscape is complex enough for a software engineer and Android is posing more challenging environment thanks to its fragmentation issues on hardware and software fronts.
In this fifth video of the Xpdf series, we discuss and demonstrate the PDFdetach utility, which is able to list and, more importantly, extract attachments that are embedded in PDF files. It does this via a command line interface, making it suitable …
Starting up a Project

592 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question