Intermittent email RECEIVE issues
Posted on 2004-10-28
This question is posted here because my client uses Outlook and I could not find a better topic area.
The problem is, that intermittently, they are unable to connect to their providers POP3 server (totalchoicehosting.com).
One day, or for a few hours a day, some people work just find.... click send/recieve... OK.
When it is not working, Outlook hangs at receiving 50% with server timout errors or unable to connect (server) errors.
1. Other people NEVER have the problem (or never report it).
2. Some people go for days = OK, then a day or hours = no workie
3. everyone is either running Office 2k + Win2k or Office XP + Win XP (and Sp's etc).
4. there is NEVER any promblem sending / SMTP
5. the email clients are setup to use the same logon for incoming/outgoing.
The hosting company claims it is nothing on there end.
If it were something in the building/setup, why would it work most of the time????????
Any ideas GREATLY appreciated!