Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win


Typing fractions

Posted on 2004-10-30
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-01-09
I have Microsoft Word. How can I type a fraction like, for example, 3/8 to appear in small format like, for example, ½?
Question by:jimtheo
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
LVL 49

Accepted Solution

sunray_2003 earned 225 total points
ID: 12454497
Check this out


post back if you need further help


Assisted Solution

ttterk earned 150 total points
ID: 12456035
Sometimes I don't have an answer but just find great links, like Sunray's above. I did, however, find another way to make the fractions 1/3, 2/3, 1/8, 3/8, 5/8 and 7/8 within Word 2002 and newer. It involves menu Insert>Symbol and, in the resulting window, scroll down the subset selection box to about General Punctuation (or move the elevator button down) and you'll see these fractions appear; highlight your selection, press the insert button, and close if you're done.

Sunray: great link and thanks for the short voyage of discovery it sent me on.

Featured Post


Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Can I legally transfer my OEM version of Windows to another PC?  (AKA - Can I put a new systemboard in my OEM PC?) Few of us are both IT and legal experts but we all have our own views of Microsoft's licensing rules and how they apply.  There are…
We have adopted the strategy to use Computers in Student Labs as the bulletin boards. The same target can be achieved by using a Login Notice feature in Group policy but it’s not as attractive as graphical wallpapers with message which grabs the att…
Two types of users will appreciate AOMEI Backupper Pro: 1 - Those with PCIe drives (and haven't found cloning software that works on them). 2 - Those who want a fast clone of their boot drive (no re-boots needed) and it can clone your drive wh…
In this video, Percona Solutions Engineer Barrett Chambers discusses some of the basic syntax differences between MySQL and MongoDB. To learn more check out our webinar on MongoDB administration for MySQL DBA: https://www.percona.com/resources/we…
Suggested Courses

610 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question