In two of our 6 sites, we have an intermittent performance problem when opening "My Computer". It can take *minutes* to open.
We noticed that this started once we started mapping F: drive to a new DFS root, called DFSData. Here's some info.
- This is our second DFS root.
- Both roots are domain roots (\\domain\dfsData and \\domain\dfs)
- The first root is site-restricted, and one of its links refers to the DFSData root (\\domain\dfs\Data --> \\domain\dfsData)
- the DFSData root is not site-restricted
- one of the sites that are exhibiting problems has a local root replica locally!
- the links of the DFSData root point to shares in many different sites
What can we do to find out why this slow opening happens sometimes?