My Browser is slow now ??? why
Posted on 2004-11-03
Recently i have installed TuneUp utilities 2004. it is really a marvellous software and it has improved my system performance. but i am facing only one problem in internet speed. my Download speed has been optimized by this software ( i use Dialup modem before this my download speed was 3.0Kb/sec and now it is 3.3 KB/sec approx) but now my internet explorer has become very very slow. my internet browsing speed has decreased a lot but if i start downloading it downloads in excellent speed. what i understand that tuneup utilities has changed settings in internet explorer. i m not that much expert plz help me to atleast maintain my previous browsing speed.
i m writing few parameters which are written in settings of internet and Explorer in Tuneup utilities 2004.
1. Activate service for address translation (NAT) and firewall this parameter is checked.
2.In TCP/IP settings Packet size MTU( maximum transfer unit) is set for auto detect. it also has manual settings but those r disabled.
3. Again in TCP/IP , RWIN( Receive window) size of receive window is set to 17520 Bytes. It can be increased or decresed.
4. Set time stamp in TCP/IP packet. it is checked.
5. Selective receipt acknowldgement. it is checked.
6. TTL is set to 128 servers.
PLz do help me otherwise i have to uninstall this software which i dont want.