when opening windows explorer I get the error "Process has already exited" ...restart . Can't start Internet explorer as well
Posted on 2004-11-04
I'm running W2K professional SP4
1. When starting Windows explorer I get an error message "Process has alaready exited" , my desktop is refershed but win explorer won;t start.
2. When starting Internet explorer - the Microsoft error report will pop up and IE won't start.
3. Can't start control panel as well.
I did the following which did not help
- I run Norton Anti virus with a full scan and the system came up clean
- I run spybot and cleaned everything
- I reinstalled W2K SP4
- I removed and reinstalled IE6 SP1
In the Norton AV history I canb see that hacktool.proxy and MHTMLRedir.exploit were detected and removed