Unkillable perl processes in windows XP
Posted on 2004-11-05
I am using perl version v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread on cmd window in windows XP.
When i trying to run a relatively simple perl script
And break its execution with Ctrl-C, the follwing happens (not every time, but at 50% of cases)
1) The cmd window seems frozen but can be closed
2) When the cmd window is closed, task manager shows no perl process running
3) When i open another cmd window and execute another or same perl script, the script starts to run and freezes
4) Now i can see perl.exe process running and i can not:
- Kill the process (after "End process" attempt by taskmanager,pview,wintasks - process remains and no error message)
- Kill the cmd window (window remains, no reaction)
- Shutdown or reboot system (except by reset button :) )
Everything other seems fine, and trying to open new perl script, leaves one more frozen cmd window with one more unkillable perl process.
- How i can kill this process without hardware reboot?
- What i am doing wrong and how i can stop a script without going into the same situation?