Hard disk partition management

Posted on 2004-11-05
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-12-03
I have 2 partitions of same size in my pc - drives C and D - (PII, Win98) and need to cancel drive D and relocate all drive D memory to C. Drive D is presently empty.
Thanks for any help "how-to-do".
Question by:BestwayLuso
  • 3
LVL 97

Accepted Solution

Lee W, MVP earned 250 total points
ID: 12506677
Backup everything, then use Partition Magic or Partition Commander to reintegrate the partitions so they are one.  Both products are SUPPOSED to be able to do this for you without corrupting your files, but every now and then something goes wrong - so BACKUP!
LVL 97

Expert Comment

by:Lee W, MVP
ID: 12700595
I think I gave the answer and since I was the only respondant, I think I should get the points.
LVL 97

Expert Comment

by:Lee W, MVP
ID: 12700977
Can you explain why the C grade?

Featured Post

Concerto Cloud for Software Providers & ISVs

Can Concerto Cloud Services help you focus on evolving your application offerings, while delivering the best cloud experience to your customers? From DevOps to revenue models and customer support, the answer is yes!

Learn how Concerto can help you.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Windows Server 2003 introduced persistent Volume Shadow Copies and made 2003 a must-do upgrade.  Since then, it's been a must-implement feature for all servers doing any kind of file sharing.
In the below post we have mentioned the best hosting type for startups. Also, check out some of the superlative web hosting companies that are proposing affordable web hosting solutions to host your startup website.
This Micro Tutorial will teach you how to reformat your flash drive. Sometimes your flash drive may have issues carrying files so this will completely restore it to manufacturing settings. Make sure to backup all files before reformatting. This w…
Despite its rising prevalence in the business world, "the cloud" is still misunderstood. Some companies still believe common misconceptions about lack of security in cloud solutions and many misuses of cloud storage options still occur every day. …
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month13 days, 20 hours left to enroll

807 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question