GUI Component

I want to know what the name for the GUI component on the left side of this website is called.  It is also present when you look at a folder in windows.  I want to know 1) what is the name of it? and 2) where can I buy this component or (even better) is there an open source version or something.
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

thedude112286Author Commented:
I have answered my own question.  It is called an Explorer Bar and I found a free implenetation of it from Compona at  Thanks.
The componnet on the left bar of the website is this one :

it is called C1WebTopicBar

Sadly the source code is not for sale.

infragistics has a control that functions the same way and if you buy the EE license you will get the source code too it.



Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.