GRANT ROLE/PRIVILEGE IN TRIGGER
Posted on 2004-11-06
1) We have Oracle 188.8.131.52 server on windows.
2) We have requirement that on insert of a record in one table, trigger should be fired and a role/privilege should be granted to user.
3) Just grant statement is not working but execute immediate 'grant band to user scott' is working in stored procedure.
4) The same statement is not working in trigger with error 'CANNOT COMMIT/ROLLBACK in TRIGGER'. If we call procedure from trigger also, the same error is raised.
5) How to get around this problem OR are there alternative approaches. Please provide links if necessary or mail documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.