Hello all, I recently purchased a Cisco PIX 501 and have some general questions. Here is the current configuration.
* Our company has 5 static ip addresses. the first 207.*.15.89 is the public ip address.
* I have a Cisco 675 router connected to the internet. I have turned off DHCP and NAT on the router and assigned the eth1 interface one an ip address of 207.*.15.90 (another of our static ips)
* I have set the outside interface of the PIX to 207.*.15.91, and defined the gateway as the 207.*.15.90 ( eth1 on 675 )
* I have turned on DHCP on the PIX with a 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.40 range to hand out
* I have a total of 6 computers I would like to have access the internet and 1 computer that needs to be reachable from the internet.
Here are my questions:
* Is this the correct (given the situation) way to set up the 675 router?
* I would like to allow traffic from the internet to our mail and web server at 192.168.1.100, how is this performed?
* I dont understand global pools, Is it yet another layer of address translation, and where do you get the ip addresses for it?another private set of IPs?
I have a book on PIX, but am having a hard time nailing some of the concepts.
Thanks in advance - Eric