In brief here is an overview of my application I am working on which is created using embedded visual c++ (pocket pc 2003 app) that was started by a collegue of mine and that must be completed by myself. The application is to be full screened without any top or bottom task bars.
I have a main dialog box(DialogA) which upon certain incoming user inputs calls up one of two different additionnal dialog box(DialogB and DialogC). In each of these extra dialog boxes I have added a label which I use as a button for user input to kill the extra dialog boxes. In DialogA there two buttons one to call DialogB and another for DialogC. I have successfully created the interaction which allows me to popup the DialogB or DialogC in full screen upon user input from DialogA as well as being able to kill the DialogB or DialogC from user input from there respective "kill buttons".
Up to until here my application works as desired. I must specify that DialogB was created by my collegue and that I am working on DialogC. My problem occurs when I try to add CStatic controls to these "kill buttons" to allow me to play arround with their position as well as other features. I use the Class wizard and add variables to the "kill button" of DialogC and once I do this I recompile (no problems here) but when I try and start my application it loads up fine but at a certain point (after various application initializations) it just shuts down by itself. I cannot imagine how to solve this problem since this is not the first application I have created that calls up a new DialogBox where I play around with CStatic controls of buttons on the new DialogBox.
Is there an initialization I have forgotten, how can this behavior be explained and where should I start looking for a solution. I have checked out the Ressource.h file where all of the IDC... are defined and I have noticed that some have the same numbers but these other controls seem to work fine regardless of the identical identifiers.
Perhaps worths noting is that I am able to successfully add CString controls to the buttons in questions which has allowed me to use a workaround to some of my problems(ie: label content) but I would like to create a clean solution to this problem.