I know this question has been beaten to death out in various internet forums....... and is very dependent on culture, audience etc. but......
I am hoping to filter out some of the noise by asking -- the experts -- and also get a guage of the most recent opinion/consensus out there.
* I'd like the framework to be openSource, JSR168 compliant and also support WSRP (WebServices for remote portlets).
* I'd like good LDAP and J2EE support -- would prefer the framework be java based and be able to run on most Application Servers out there.
* Ability to run on Websphere, JBOSS or Tomcat
1) Which OpenSource portal development "framework" is ready for "production", flexible and easy to use ?
2) What combinations have worked for you in production ? What product -- combination of products would you recommend ?
I'm considering the following technologies.....
A) Apache / Tomcat / Pluto / Jetspeed
B) Apache / Tomcat / Cocoon
C) JBOSS / Tomcat / Nuke
E) Others: eXo, uPortal, jPorta, Liferay, ?? Anyone try these ??
* Have I missed any you think I should evaluate ?
Really looking forward to seeing expert's thoughts on these two questions......