Win2k server domain running in mixed mode
on our network we have 3 domain controllers one of which, lets call it SERVER_B, connects to another network that leads to the internet and our providers DNS servers.
We keep having problems where dns packets seem to end up going in circles and using up all server's processing power. I've been wondering if we had the forwarders set wrong.
1. should dns servers be set to forward to other internal dns servers?
2. should we tick the disable recursive queries box
3. Only SERVER_B needs its forwarders set to the isp dns server yes?
4. what order should forwarders be in on SERVER_B?
We also have a MS proxy 2 running on an NT server that also connects to the other network (although this is a bit buggered and isnt on the network properly but works with people connecting as anonymous). We've ordered ISA server.
5. in an ideal situation would i be right in thinking that ISA Server should be on SERVER_B?