Windows 2003 pagefile >4GB
Posted on 2004-11-11
Here is the setup:
Windows 2003 Enterprise
Terminal Server (40 users)
Plenty of disk space
We have had several stops without a memory.dmp file being generated. We believe that it may have something to do with our pagefile configuration.
1. Why is that Windows will not recognize more than 4GB of our 6GB of memory?
2. Why won't Windows allow me to set the pagefile for more than 4GB? I am trying for 5950...6500
3. What should I do to configure the pagefile correctly?
4. Is this related to our not being able to get a memory.dmp or might it be with the hardware?
5. Did I waste our money by buying more RAM than Windows can utilize? Surely I'm not the only one with >4GB.