Just purchased a new 5.25 external drive case and fitted my nearly new DVD writer which was taking our of my PC as I upgraded it to a faster one. I'm having all kinds of problems with this DVD burner including...
- Win XP not always detecting the USB or Firewire connection, sometimes take a few attempts to connect.
- DVD burner seems to read factory made data CDs but can't seem to read or setup some blank DVD-RWs.
- Nero 6 with the latest updates won't burn anything to it when I use a DVD disk but I have managed to burn a small file to a CD-R.
- When setting Nero up I use Nero Express and can add files but when I go to the next screen to select the burn option, Nero crashes every time and will only quit when I unplug my external devise.
- I have tried burning to DVD-RW, DVD+R, CD-R, seems burning to all DVDs seems to crash Nero on when burning to this external drive and not to my built in drive!!!
The DVD burner was set to Master as advised.
I have no idea what this coud be but I'm tired, fed up and feel like I've wasted alot of money!!!!
My system includes
XP home edition
128Mb Graphics Card
with built in DVD burner 16x speed