Monitor short-circuit

I have a 17inch Digital monitor at hand model VRTX7-W3 with a Sony Triniton tube inside that doesn't work anymore., probably as a consequence of irregular powersupply (bad electric circuit in an old house).

Is there a fuse inside that i can replace or something else i can do to fix the thing?

Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

If there are no fuses accessible from the outside, you should probably not try any repairs unless you have a working knowledge of TV sets or computer monitors. There are lethal things inside, unless the monitor has been disconnected from mains for a day or 2...

Some simple things to check:

Mains voltage switch (if it exists): In the correct position?
Power cord: does it work with other appliance?
Outlet: power present (check with a lamp or something)?


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.