MS 2003 SBS Installtion Tips?
Posted on 2004-11-13
I am going to be installtion MS 2003 Small Business Server for the first time ever on Monday. I would like some tips and comments from users on thinks i should watch out for, and how i should correctly go about things. I've been the IT person for a while, just have never set up a server before.
All comments will get points. (points will be split)
current network setup:
1. Netgear DSL Router
2. Intel Network Switches (computers and router plugged into this)
3. Computers on Workgroup (all xp pro)
I have read and go thru the various docs on the MS site, and it seems pretty simple to do. A few questions i have:
1. It seems that the server can push aplications to the client. Does this means that users cannot install their own applications? If so can i let them do so? (i don't want to be a dictator here.. the server is only to help them manage files not to control them)
2. Email is current using the isp POP3 email. I see you can set up exchange with the server, and i think that would be a really good for them to be using exchange. However, can i keep the POP3 from the ISP and some how integrate it with exchange?
3. Can you recommend any books that will guide me thru this.