My computer reboots itself at startup. I am running XP pro.
I get a message on my desktop when I log on. The message states "DB2JDS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." A short time later the computer reboots.
OK here are the sequence of events leading up to this problem.
1) My master hard drive was near capacity and XP was sending messages about the space left on the hard drive. To aleviate the problem I started deleting programs. This freed up enough space where I did not get anymore "space" messages.
2) Almost immediately my computer started rebootting itself and I starting getting the DB2JDS message.
I have tired the following with no success:
A) Tried to restore computer to 2 previous restore points.
B) Downloaded and ran Symantec's cleanup programs for the following virus'
None of these were found on my system.
3) I tried to run a Norton virus scan on my system. This fails everytime I try. I am getting a message that states " can not scan due to a critical error"
4) I can boot up into Safe Mode.
5) In a Norton Virus log, from about seven days ago, i found an entry stating Beagle virus detected.
6) The DB2jds.exe file maybe from one of the programs I deleted.
Can someone please help?