I'm using PowerBuilder 5 (have no choice) and have a huge problem when I try to do a full rebuild on the libraries to make the executable.
- It takes about fourty minutes on one particular PBL. All others build quickly.
- The PBL in question has all of the window functions inculded with it.
- The time it takes is independant of the system it's run on (takes the same time on a P3 800 as it does on a P4 2.8GHz w/HT both with 512MB RAM).
- Incremental rebuild takes less than 10 seconds.
- The PBL is about 560,000 bytes, has 63 window functions, about 150 global variables and one external global function (Math.dll).
Any ideas? I'm a bit of a powerbuilder novice so a simple answer is required. I'm normally a C++ developer. If I need to break up the window functions is there an easy way to do this? A solution to this problem is extremely valuable to me even though it may be a simple anwser.