SWSEUP (SOFTWARE SETUP) regarding laptops
Posted on 2004-11-15
I 've seen a HP (COMPAQ) PRESARIO 2500 laptop with a SWSETUP directory on C:\, writting there from ( I assume) a CD purchased with the laptop. There are some soft. package with 3 months using time (for ex. Norton Avirus).
1) Also I've seen a FUjitsu /Siemens laptop with an WXP prof installed by the guys from computer shop! In this case either, I did not see in Registry the Product Key wich is on installaltion CD.Why? They installed a crack version? I've heard the cracked versions of op. systenms cannot being upgrading to WXP SP1 or WXP SP2.
2) Or may be the guys from the shop instalaled the CD version(the licensed one) of Xp and the Product key is not asking by instalaltion process! Or it is asking and it is not putting in Registry!!!How the things work here?
3) In case I'm installing another copy of XP (an OEM one) is possible not working on Fujitsu or Compaq laptop I talkad about? ANd only the CD coming with them is good?
4) Can I upgrade the opp. system with XP SP2 from Microsoft or is neccessary one "special" from COMPAQ or FUJITSU?
5) What is that "Driver Recovery CD" I've heard about? Or may be is the CD I've seen at the people with laptops but in my oppinion is not ressemle with one classic from Microsoft!!