This problem has been going on for about 2 months now.
I have opened several questions with no resolve.
All I want to do is show some type of progress to the use during a search.
This is windows forms
No matter what I have tried, soon as the dataadapter.fill starts my program locks up until the fill is completed.
I have tried, animated cursors, animated .gifs, status bar, progress bar and even showing a new form with the text "searching". Once again it doesnt work until the fill is over.
i have tried doing the above in an async calls and a different threads.
The only way it worked was when I did the multiple thread and animated gif in a seperate thread together. However you get the wonderful error of a thread cant pass arguments from a different thread.
Here are the other questions I have opend and closed.
I am in Limbo here. I thought this would be the last of my worries. Now it is the last thing holding the release of the software.
Whatever questions you need answered to help get an idea let me know.