I have made over 6 attempts to install NT4 (sp v6) on Western Digital Caviar Drive (EIDE - WD400BB) with no success.
See --> http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=8
The general script is that NT Server Installation disk loads all installation files.
1. I remove the CD
2. Change BIOS settings to boot from HD
3. Boot sequence error - "Missing Operating Systems"
1. NT Emergency Repair Disk (this is a joke)
\winnt directory is located and useless SAM, User files are copied
2. NT Boot Disk (ntloard, ntdetect.com, boot.ini) .....can't find support files on
nt (like the ntkernel exe file)
Let me state bluntly - WINDOWS NT SUX. OK, I've got that out of my system.
Now, how do I proceed?
1. My boot partition is currelntly sized as FAT 256Mb
2. I'd like to create a boot disk and run FDISK to see how partiitions are allocated.
- W2000 wants 4 FRIGGGING FLOPPIYS to creat a Boot Disk.
3. I'm thinking about using PARTITION MAGIC (or LINUX) to get the NT Boot paritition setup proper.
4. These MS-People suck.
Silver Spring, MD.