For some strange reason, I just haven't been able to access the abc.com webpage. Whenever i try accessing it, the progress bar starts up but nothing ever gets dislpayed not even the regular "Page Could not be displayed" error. I can actually see that the address is automatically redirected to abc.go.com but nothing else happens. This is a really weird and obscure issue in my opinion so if anybody's heard of this anyy suggestions would be welcome.
Some baclground info:
-I don't have a router connected
-My Pc-Cillin Firewall has all ports open (just for testing purposes)
-I have Ad-Aware Pro Se 1.05 with the latest definitions files
-I have scanned my entire system for spamware as well as viruses and found none
-I have verified that there are no strange entries in my HOSTS file
-I am using WinXp SP1 and IE 6.0
-I have set the options under Internet Explorer to "Accept all cookies" (again only for testing purposes)
-I have set my security settings to low under IE(again only for testing purposes)
-I have turned off my pop up blocker
-I haved emptied my Temporary Internet Folders
- I have made sure taht the content advisor feature within IE is disabled
- I have made certain that no sites appeared on the blocked list within the privacy tab of the IE options
- This only happens with ABC.com (aka abc.go.com) as far as I can tell. I can access every other web site that I'm used to with no problems and have never had any problems downloading files or anything.
Not the most important issue on the planet, I realize but nonetheless, I'm stumped and curious to see if any one knows why this is happening.