Can I buy a HP photo printer (HP Photosmart 8150) in the USA and use it in the UK (London)?

My son lives in London and I would like to buy him a photoprinter for Christmas.  He has several laptops and when he visits us he can use his laptops with just a conversion plug (UK to US).  I found it very difficult to purchase anything for him since UK sites only allow shipping to credit card's billing address.  

I would like to purchase the HP 8150 printer for him here in the USA, would I just need a conversion plug for him to use it in London or would I need to buy a printer that was built for UK power specifications?

Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

I checked the HP site and and there are no country specific issues so I guess the converter plug is the only thing you need to match the outlet in the UK.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Printers and Scanners

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.