I'm building a new PC from scratch. I already have some parts, and would like to get some advice on the other parts that I should buy.
So far I have the following parts:
1) ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard
2) AMD Athlon 2700+ AXDA2700DKV3D chip
3) Thermaltake Slim Volcano 10+ CPU Cooler
4) Thermaltake Smart Case Fan 2 + LED Light
5) Vantec Spectrum Fan Card SP-FC70-BL
6) Thermaltake TrueLight Memory Heat Spreader
7) Mitsumi FA404 series Internal USB2.0 Flash Media + Floppy Drive
8) Lite-On Internal 52X32X52X + 16X CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
9) Sapphire RADEON R7000 64M DDR AGP VGA / TVO Graphics Card
10) Aspire X-NAVIGATOR ATXA9NW/450 Case with 450W power supply
I still need to get memory, either a 1GB kit or a 2GB kit. I also want to get 2 Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB Hard Drives setup in a RAID 1 format for my OS and other major apps, and 2 Western Digital RAID Edition Serial ATA 250 GB Hard Drives also setup in a RAID 1 format used for minor apps and multimedia files such as MP3, WMA, OPP, and MPEG4. In addition to that I want a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Sound Card. Eventually I want to upgrade my video card to possibly the RADEON 9800 All-In-Wonder or something similar, as well as a multi-format DVD burner.
I want to partition the Raptor drives so that I can have 3 different OS installed – Windows 98 SE, Windows XP Professional, and the latest version of Linux. I want to have a system that can run a SQL Server database with MS Access as the client. I want my system to also play clear crisp audio tracks as well as near perfect picture quality on DVD playback. Lastly, I want my system to be able to handle high demanding video games – not necessarily graphic intense, but definitely handle intense data processing.
Any suggestions on what products I should add to the ones I already have to achieve the system that I want would be greatly appreciated. As well as any other ideas that allow me to have the ultimate multimedia PC that will also allow me to have a high performance in database applications and multi-tasking.