Need a field in "Group" form of name & address book that displays all users contained in group (including nested groups)
Posted on 2004-11-22
I created a multi-value, Computed for Display, Names field in the "Group" form of the public name & address book with the following value:
I am aware that @ExpandNameList is not supported by Lotus and from the results can see why. ACL Groups did not expand and if you make any changes to the members of a group the new list does not update when opened up again. So it is as if we took a snapshot and are stuck with that. Since I need this field to work due to pressure from up above and have no experience with LotusScript I turn to this community since I see no alternative than to script this. I have seen similar requests and have tried to implement those solutions to no avail, it is still not working.
My requirements for this are:
1) User does not need editor access in order to get this to work.
2) When the document is opened up by the user either directly in the Name & Address book or through the details button of the address dialog, a current list is seen in the new field. Field will not need to be displayed in any view whatsoever just the form.
3) The field must display all the users contained within all the groups nested within the main group. (It would be nice if there were no duplicates however that is not an issue and duplicates are fine, just recursing all subgroups and gathering a list of all users is more important.) For example:
Main Group - Group1, User1, Group2, User2, User3
Group1 - Group3, User4, User5
Group2 - User6, User7
Group3 - User8, User9
The field should show User1,User2,User3,User4,User5,User6,User7,User8,User9
4) There should not be any limit on the levels of nesting of groups and subgroups.
5) Solution should be well commented so novice scripter can understand and learn from the script. (I believe wholeheartedly in the old addage about teaching a man to fish. I would rather learn how to do something rather than it just be given me and I not understand the solution even if it works great.)