WiFi access point or bridge URGENT

I'm a little confused, I'm planing on using two access point to let laptops access the wired network, but  sudenly the term "bridge" came along.

Wich of the two is the appropiated equipment?

The actual setup

A large wired network ~1000 nodes on a 10 story building WITHOUT a server, yes I know, but it's outside my reach to change it.
Trying to provide wireless access on only three adyacent floors.  Network is divided in several subnetworks and internet access is through an other bulding 4 miles away using, i think, four T1 connections between buildings.

Probably by march next year a complete recabling and installation of server services will be done.

Security most likely will be by filtering MAC`s address.
LVL 17
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

see if this sheds some light on the subject

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
If you're looking to provide access to wireless laptops, you would use access points in the network to provide that access.  

Wireless bridges are generally used to provide network links between facilities or buildings. In your case specifically, if you have (generally speaking) line-of-sight between the two buildings you describe, you could use a pair of wireless bridges to connect between the two, and would no longer need the T1 links.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.