INSERTS IN STORED PROCEDURE
Posted on 2004-11-23
1) We have a application where from front end, 30 values are input then together with current date & timestamp, 30 rows should be inserted in a table.
2) This can be 30, 60, 200 etc. i.e. any number of inputs & hence any number of records to be inserted in table.
3) char & varchar datatypes is max 255 characters. text is big & okay for us but cannot be passed as a stored procedure parameter.
4) We are trying to send a concatenated string including values of all these 30 etc. inputs from frontend. This we will tokenize in stored proc & carry out the inserts. Is this possible?
4) Are there any array type datatypes in Sybase. Is there any other way of doing this in a stored procedure.