Using a brand new Dell8600... Win XP sp2... Properly Installed IIS + FP Server Extentions...
1) Installed IIS + FP server Extentions from "Add/remove windows componensts"
2) FP Server Extentions are working fine checking from the Computer Manager consolle...
3) I can browse from IE the http://localhost
4) I can also browse the .asp files
5) When I check the the: Computer Management (local), WebSites, default Web Sites, then I right
click>>>All tasks>>> Check Server Extentions and the result bis " No Problem Found".
But... I have a problem:
a) If I try to Open to FrontPage the http://localhost
from IE (clicking the FP Icon), I receive the following error:
(RED "X") the the following text "The Specified File or Web site does not exist"
and if as alternative
b) If I try to publish my Internet web site (www.artistica.com
) to my new laptod to" http://localhost
, I receive the following message:
Unable to open 'http://localhost'
. Server error: The Web server at "http://localhost
" does not appear to have Windows SharePoint Services installed.
.... Giving then a list of poosible causes...
This IIS and its FP Extentions has been a nightmare for years... Every time I ourchase a new Computer, I have to loose days to make it running... Once it runs it is OK for years...
PLEASE HELP... Thanks