Networking Team

Hi Experts

I just want to ask about the courses that would increase my experience in the network field, im MCSE 2000  and i took the CCNA Coursem but i want some courses that will help me in my tasks,

Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

What ARE your tasks?

Do you manage internetworks?  Do you have to design them?  Or, are you simply maintaining and supporting them?  It really depends what you need to do.  Check out the CCDA certification if you are having to design networks (or simply if you want to just learn how a network should be put together for your own knowledge).  The security certifications (or actually, people who have good security knowledge) seem to be in demand too.

You mention MCSE... that's another different set of tasks.  Server design and maintenance.  If you are wanting to expand on this, you could choose a specialization and become an expert on one of the products of your choice.  For example, again, with security, ISA Server would be a good one.  Or, you could choose messaging or even SQL if you are well versed in programming.
ibmas4002Author Commented:
My tasks are in general about our network and exchange server 2003, ISA, Active directory, DNS ,DHCP, servers, IDS.

in exacly what field as your experience is quite diverse and networking is a very broad term I think if you give us a more defined request we may be able to help you
Ultimate Tool Kit for Technology Solution Provider

Broken down into practical pointers and step-by-step instructions, the IT Service Excellence Tool Kit delivers expert advice for technology solution providers. Get your free copy now.

Since you're doing a lot with Microsoft services and applications, it seems like the MCSE would be a good choice.  It would also give you some networking as well.  Here's a list of the requirements, books you can buy, and courses that would apply to the requirements of the exams.
He's already got MCSE
Looks like MCSE 2003: Security Specialist would be a good call.  You are working with ISA and Intrusion Detection Systems.  Log into the MCP secure site and Microsoft will tell you exactly what you need

Security+ might be a good way to go. has an article on certifications and how they impact your salary.

I would focus more on what you want to do.  Your job description now seems rather generic ("servers", DNS, DHCP).  If I was doing a technical interview with you I would probably nail you on those (DDNS is almost self maintaining and DHCP is the same, set it up and go...and "Active Directory" could be resetting passwords)

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
ibmas4002Author Commented:
Thanks for Everybody
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Network Analysis

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.

Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.