Power Supply Problem
Posted on 2004-11-25
My friend is at my place, we are lanning. His computer was on, working fine. All of a sudden it just turned off. His side case fan was still on, but everything else was off. My computer was fine. He tried to turn it back on, but it just wouldn't.
We smelt a burning smell and feared the worst. We removed the PSU and plugged all internal & external cables in again to check for loose/out cables. This still didn't fix the problem.
The PSU is relatively new - only a few months old. What could have happened? btw, it is a hot day today - over 30 degrees C (converted to almost 90 degrees in F), could overheating be the problem?