Computer Shop Survey
Posted on 2004-11-26
A friend of mine needs some help with his computer shop. Therefore, I’m posting this survey to help him out. I will split the points with everyone who answers. But please don’t just do it for the points. Do it to help. Thank you.
Computer Shop Survey
1. How often do / would you play a practical joke on a computer? (Like a program that simulates a hard drive failure.)
A - Every chance I get.
B - Only if someone does one to me first.
C - Only on April Fool's Day.
D - I never joke.
2. What is your fluency level with computers?
A - I can surf the net.
B - I can write a formula in a spreadsheet.
C - I use databases and can write code for a form.
D - I am a computer programmer.
3. What courses would you like to take online?
List all the courses you would be interested in.
A - Computer Basics G - Computer Architecture
(internet, files, etc...) (How hardware works)
B - Spreadsheets H - Relational Databases
(In MS Excel) (In MS Access)
C - DOS (Batch) I - Unix (Shells)
D - Programming in Visual Basic J - VB Script for Web Pages
E - Programming in C language K - Java Script for Web Pages
F - Structured Programming in COBOL L - Artificial Intelligence
M - List Other:
4. What type of computer books would you purchase?
5. How many computers do you own and what is the average age?
6. When was the last time you had a computer upgraded or repaired?
A - Days B - Weeks C - Months D - Years E - I just throw them out.
7. When do you think you would want to purchase a newer computer?
A - I need one now!
B - I'm planning the spring.
C - I'll probably need one next year.
D - My computer will be fine for years.
8. What quality of computers do you or would you want to purchase?
A - High Quality Custom Made.
B - Pre-assembled in a factory.
C - Disposable
9. What types of software do you use? Check all that apply.
A - Spreadsheets F - Educational
(Excel, lotus,...) (math, science,...)
B - Graphics G - Word Processing
(movies, imaging,...) (letters, legal,..)
C - Hobbies H - Programming
(crafts, gardening,...) (C++, VB,...)
D - Databases I - Architectural
(Access, Oracle,..) (buildings, highways,...)
E - Gaming J - Other:
10. Gender A - Male B - Female C - Never Checked
11. My age group is
A - under 20. F - 61-70.
B - 20-30. G - 71-80.
C - 31-40. H - 81-90.
D - 41-50. I - 91-100.
E - 51-60. J - over 100.
12. In 100,000 words or LESS, Please describe your hobbies and interests?
13. What is your Postal Code or Zip? You don’t have to answer this if you don’t what to , but it will help.
14. What is your Occupation?
A - Not Telling D - Sales G - Homemaker
B - Professional E - Trade H - Student
C - Managerial F - Self-employed I – Unemployed
Unfortunately, I cannot release the name of this future business yet. However, if you email me (email@example.com) your email address or / and phone #, I will have my friend contact you when it opens.