Online contracts/agreements for products- What methodes do you recommend?
Posted on 2004-11-27
I have a question regarding legal contracts on websites. I want to implement a contract system for products in a webshop. In order to buy/use a product, a customer has to sign a contract first.
The contracts should meet the following requirements:
- Must be "signed" by the user before it can be submited. (I'm thinking something along a random generated code like you see it in networksolutions.com 's whois interface)
- A copy of the signed contract must be saved in a file for further reference
- The contract must contain clearly identifiable user and product information
- Should be based on HTML or XHTML (no fancy document formats or PDF)
Now the questions:
- Do you guys know of any standard solution/products to process online contracts/agreements?
- Has anyone experience with such a system or do you have such a system online?
Thanks for your fast and competent answer.