Problem: I have constant FULL reboots. (3-4 reboots a day) No blue screen shows. I UNCHECKED automatic reboot. Still reboots without blue screen. (Does this mean I have hardware error?)
Here is my system:
Dimension XPS P4 3.0 GHZ 1024MB Ram
12MB Radeon 9800 Graphics Card
Built in Intel PRO/100 network card
Sound Blaster Audigy Card
BIOS Version: A03
NVRAM: Cleared It
Here are my main errors in Event Viewer:
All of these are SYSTEM REBOOTED FROM BUGCHECK Event ID: 1001
80% of reboots error: Bugcheck 0x1000007f Paramenter: 0x0000008
10% or reboots error: Bugcheck 0x100000d1
10% or reboots error: 0x1000008e Parameter: 0xc00001d
HARDWARE SOLUTIONS TRIED:
1. Took out every PCI board in system. Adaptec, Sound, Graphics card, network cards – Still rebooted with error
2. Took out Radeon graphics card. Put in old ATI card. Still rebooted
2. Checked memory with dell diagnostics for 16 hours – NO errors
3. Checked system board with dell diagnostics – no errors
4. Took out memory. Went from 1024MB to 512MB. Both sets of 512MB modules used. Still rebooted from both sets.
5. Disabled networking totally. Went into BIOS and turn off network card. Still rebooted.
What else can I try? I am out of options.
Could this be a software problem? Should I reformat? I do not want to.
I can send my dumps to someone if they know what to do with them.
Looking through this site one 1 guy had same error as me and only solution was Dell came out and replaced motherboard, processor, memory. OUCH. No service contract!!!