Hope you can help.
- Back up a folder on a laptop daily to a network location.
- Only run the backup task IF the user is located on subnet 10.60.10.x
- System in question is a laptop that gets a DHCP address.
I can generate the backup script, but what Id like help si the following:
1. How to code the script so that it only runs IF the laptop is given a DHCP address of 10.60.10.x and not another DHCP address, meaning it is on a different subnet
2. If the user is not connected to the LAN, and the task runs, to not run the script at all. That is, Id like the script to be able to check for a network connection, and if none, to abort the running of the backup.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.