Situation is as follows: Have a single W2k Domain (mixed mode)with 1 Domain COntroller running exchange 2K (native mode).
Have 1 NT4 BDC running accounts app. Several other 2k and 2003 Servers - not DC's. About 100 - 40 remotes.
We have now been told we need to move from our single Domain and join a new GLobal Domain. We have a new server that we are going to install windows 2003 server on and join it to the existing global domain. We then need to migrate users across - using the ADMT tool?
1. Install w2k3 on new server and join it to new domain as a DC
2. Install ADMT tool and create a trust between the domains - then migrate users and printers to new domain.
3. Join all servers and clients to the new domain and copy profiles across.
Questions :1. Has anyone had experience with this - is the above a feasable plan?
2. What about exchange - can exchange be left on the old server or must it be reinstalled on the new Domain - we would rather not put in on the new DC if possible? How will the exchange migration work.
3. Old NT4 BDC - will there be issues getting this onto the new domain as a member server?
4. Are there tools to change the clients and remotes to the new domain as well as copy there profiles or must this be done manually?
5. Can users log on to both domains in the interim while the trust is in place and get access to the same resources etc?
Thanking you for your help.