I am running outlook 2003 on Windows XP pro client under a Windows Small Business Server 2003 domain.
No matter how hard I try, microsoft exchange server keeps getting reset to be the default email account.
I'll manually reset it so that my outlook accounts look like this:
Help@GreatService.com POP/SMTP (Default)
Microsoft Exchange Server Exchange
Then, within 2 or 3 days, Exchange will sneak back to the top as default. I can't figure out when or why. It does not seem related to reboot, going offline or send e-mail or anything I can pin down.
This is a big problem because I send dozens of e-mails every day, and 80% of them are supposed to use POP3 ISP account and have return address of Help@greatservice.com.
Since the switch always occurs without my knowledge, my messages often end up as rberke@myDomain.com. This confuses the heck out of my customers that receive the email.
The only solution I have figured out is to set up a second outlook profile that does not have the exchange serveraccount.t. When I want to use the exchange account, I close outlook and restart it with second profile, send the message, close outlook and reopen with standard profile. Ugh!!!
This is a new SBS 2003 installation. The problem has occurred since I started using Exchange about 4 weeks ago. I did similar things on a SBS 2000 installation and I don't recall having this kind of problem.