I have 2 PC's on a wireless network - a laptop with Win XP home and a desktop with Win XP pro. Both PC's can see each other on the network under "view workgroup computers". The Desktop can access the Laptop's shares but the laptop cannot access the desktops shares - I get the above error message.
- Both ping each other successfully
- Computer browser is running on both
- Only one transport protocol installed, namely TCP/IP
- NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled in WINS
- Uninstalled third party client software
- Repaired the IP stack
- Repaired the Winsock
- Checked all NetBIOS names for possible duplicates
- McAfee Firewall & Antivirus disabled (even tried uninstall)
- MS Firewalll disabled
- Both PC's have same users with no passwords
- Simple file sharing disabled on XP Pro (not poss on XP Home)
Any other suggestions??