Good day. I am having difficulties in accessing remote Oracle database from a ASP page. I installed Oracle9i Client - Administrator option from the CD in the web server but the problem still remained. When I try to connect to the database, Internet Explorer took very long time to load and eventually it came out "The page could not be displayed" error without any specific detail.
Here's the ASP code to connect to the database:
.ConnectionString= "Provider=MSDAORA.1; " & _
"data source=mydb; " & _
"User ID=username;" & _
Surprisingly, when I use a desktop program to access another remote Oracle db, the program can be run properly. Just that the web application on the same machine did not function well when accessing remote Oracle database. I checked tnsnames.ora and the parameter is correct.