Anchor mark in microsoft word document

I notice that in some of my documents what can only be described as an 'anchor' graphic shows up in my document. Microsoft help does not explain what it is (at least I cant find it). Does anyone know what it is, what it does and how do I get rid of it. I got it when I tried to move a table to another part of the document. The table moved over to the left side of the document and now it is locked there, the table cannot be selected or moved. I tried to "unlock field" but that did nothing.
Anyone have any idea??
Who is Participating?
Anne TroyConnect With a Mentor East Coast ManagerCommented:
Click inside the table.
Hit Table-Properties.
Make sure text wrapping is set to NONE.
Make sure indent is at 0".
haikleConnect With a Mentor Commented:
Sounds like a bug in Word.
Try changing to a different view: Normal, Web Layout, Print Layout, or Outline. You might be able to select and delete what you otherwise couldn't in the current view.
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.