I'm trying to configure a VPN server with OpenVPN and SSL with PKI for people on the road such as Sales, technician and engineering peolple. So a lot of proplems I have been found. configuring those applications. I'll figure out the sceneario:
1. I have installed Linux Suse 9.0 with 2 NIC 1 of them connecting to internal lan with static address in the windows clients the net is 192.168.0.0 / 24. the second nic is connected directly to ADSL modem provide by ISP, this provider give dynamic IP through DHCP.
2. I have installed NO-IP client pointing to the second nic. All testing were made and it's working I did a simple test from other machine and it reply for the DNS register name for example: "ping myserver.no-ip.info" and it's replying.
3. I have installed "make"", "Perl 5" and "All c Libraries" all these modules into suse to be able to compile any new package.
4. Also I installed openssl library but I don't know how configure it to work with OpenVPN and Road Warrior clients. I used this paper to guide me: http://entropy.brneurosci.org/linuxsetup54.html
5. I try to guide me for this article : http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7949
but I'm not expert in the matter and it doesn't arrive it to that it works. Although I find that this very well focused.
I'm a linux beginner, just I already have configured samba and this it works me very well. I have the following equipment at home:
512 MB in RAM
20 GB HDD.
I work in a transnational company that their standard is 100% Microsoft and I want to demonstrate that Linux is an option. They have installed VPN with Ms ISA Server.
The help that I am looking for is a guide of installation step by step of OpenVPN for road warrior. If somebody are able to help me I'll appreciate it a lot.