Good Day Experts,
I would just like to know if it is safe to point a link of a virtual directory in IIS.
Say I have a website running in ASP.NET codebehind VB.NET and say that this is the link
- The virtualdirectory is one of the websites created in IIS.
- INside the index.aspx is a DataGrid that holds information and one of these information is a link of a audio file that they an download.
- The file that they are trying to download isn't in IIS its on another HARD Disk but on the same computer say D:Drive.
- I created a new Virtual Directory which points to this Drive(D).
- THe link I was talking about contains a link pointing to this Vitrual Directory.
- Same Link would be "http:\\www.domain.com\VitualDriveD\filename
- So as you can see the URL is exposed and even though I have a login page where they can authenticate themselves if they know the URL they can just go and download it directly... IF THEY KNOW THE URL.
MY QUESTION IS... IS THERE A BETTER WAY OR DO i just need to change something in what I am doing.
Thanks In Advance GUYS and GALS...