I have a problem in resolving URLs.
Operating system - XP Pro
The problem first appeared while trying to access a web site. The URL would not resolve to an IP address. In an effort to diagnose the problem, I performed the following actions in a DOS window.
This command worked fine, indicating that in general, my connectivity is good.
This command returned the proper IP address for the host. This (at least to me) indicates that name service at it's lowest level is working, that I am connecting to the Name Server and getting a response to a query.
This command returns the message "Ping request could not find host www.aznetgate.net
. Please check the name and try again." Other commands that require address resolution (such as tracert) fail in a similar manner.
I have tried this same series of tests with several URLs. The results are always the same.
In an attempt at further testing, I opened a IE Browser and addressed the web site by IP address (220.127.116.11). This worked fine. But when attempting to retrieve the same site using the URL (www.aznetgate.net
) it fails because the URL will not resolve.